Avalon/Stone Harbor Beach Replenishment Update 4/26/17

//Avalon/Stone Harbor Beach Replenishment Update 4/26/17

Avalon/Stone Harbor Beach Replenishment Update 4/26/17

Avalon/Stone Harbor Beach Replenishment Update 4/26/17

Due to a weather conditions that moved into our area over the weekend which predicted 4-5 foot seas in Townsend Inlet the dredge Texas has remained in the Cape May Channel. Weather conditions observed, which included rough seas and dense fog, are being monitored and tugs currently stationed at the Townsend Inlet and the Cape May Inlet will notify the dredge crew when conditions are more favorable.

Sea conditions noted this morning were noted at 5-7 feet at both the Cape May and Townsend Inlets. The forecast is for the seas to calm down but it will take until Thursday afternoon before the conditions will allow the dredge to get into the Townsend Inlet and setup.  It is predicted that start up will begin on Thursday, April 27th in the evening.

Conditions will be monitored and updated if any changes are noted.  

 

2017-05-12T19:51:56+00:00