Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran Church Third Avenue at 93rd Street
- Third Avenue at Ninety-Third Street
- Stone Harbor, New Jersey 08247-2025
- The Rev. Glenn F. Schoenberger, Pastor
- Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Sundays 8:30 am and 10:00 am
- Morning Worship-Communion on First & Third Sunday
- Sunday School 10:00 am
- Sundays 10:00 am
- Worship Services every Sunday at 10:00 am
- Holy Communion is celebrated at 10:00 am
- on the first Sunday & third Sunday of each month.
- A nursery is available during worship for preschool children
- Adult Forum, Teen Forum & Confirmation Classes 9:00am
- Sunday School 10:00 am (Age 3 – Grade 6)
- Classes are available for all ages throughout the year. Contact the church office at 368-3031 for updates on long-term and short-term classes.
Please arrange with the pastor ninety days in advance.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Our Saviour is one of more than eleven thousand congregations of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The Congregation is Evangelical, Protestant, and Catholic. Rooted in the Gospel, we also have our roots in the Protestant Reformation of the Sixteenth Century and in the universal Church which shares a common faith with Christian congregations of every time and place. Our Saviour was chartered on October 14, 1914. Since then, the congregation has reached out with the Good News of Jesus Christ in Word and Sacrament and performed service in our community and the world. As members of the whole Body of Christ, the congregation cooperates with other congregations of Seven Mile Beach and in southern Cape May County. Our Saviour congregation welcomes new members to become disciples of Christ Jesus who worship, learn, reach out and serve along with us. For summer residents and frequent visitors, associate memberships are welcomed.
Groups meeting regularly are:
- Women for Service – WFS C First Monday each month at 7:30 pm
- Lutheran Men in Mission – LMM C Every Monday (except the first) at 7:00 pm
- Women of the ELCA – WELCAC Third Wednesday each month at 10:00 am
- Semper Fidelis Choir – Every Wednesday at 7:00 pm
- Bible Study – Every Thursday at 7:00 pm
- Youth Ministry – Monthly and seasonal events
Please call the church office at 368-3031.
Saint Paul’s Roman Catholic Church Third Avenue at 99th Street
9910 Second Ave.
Stone Harbor, NJ 08247
Saint Brendan the Navigator Parish Rectory
Pastor – Msgr. John Frey
5012 Dune Dr.
Avalon, NJ 08202
Saint Mary’s Episcopal Church Third Avenue at 95th Street
Third Avenue at 95th Street
The Rev. John W. Sosnowski, Rector
Saint Mary’s Episcopal Church is a community of faith that believes in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, that worships together, learns about our faith together, and serves the community in Jesus’ name.
The following Sunday Services are regularly scheduled:
- 8:00 am The Holy Eucharist, Rite One.
- 9:45 am Church School and Nursery.Children join the 10:00 am Service at The Peace.
- 10:00 am The Holy Eucharist, Rite Two. Choir.
- Morning Prayer is celebrated Monday through Friday at 8:00 am during the Lenten Season.
In 1909, when Stone Harbor had a small summer population, and when the town was virtually deserted in the winter, a number of summer residents organized Sunday services conducted by various vacationing Episcopal clergy. During the following year, a realty firm donated a plot of land and the cedar-shingle frame structure was built. On July 2, 1911, the small church was dedicated and for many years was known as, “St. Mary’s-by-the-Sea.” Over the years St. Mary’s grew into a parish and was incorporated in 1967. In 1990, when the original gold opaque windows were replaced with magnificent stained glass, the Rev. Robert Runcie, then Archbishop of Canterbury, made the dedication. On this festive occasion, the Archbishop also accepted honorary membership into St. Mary’s Men’s Club- and was presented with the official Men’s Club hat. St. Mary’s is a very welcoming community. A New Member Ministries Team extends the hospitality of the parish and incorporates new members into our community of faith. St. Mary’s is an active community. Parishioners lead through elected membership to our Church Vestry. Members serve as Lector, Eucharistic Ministers, and Acolytes at our Parish Services. We share monthly covered dish suppers while enjoying fun and fellowship.
We also share community life through these groups:
- St. Mary’s Choir- Your voice is welcome.
- St. Mary’s Church School- Nursery through grade eight.
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Women- Social, service.
- St. Mary’s Men’s Club- Fellowship, service, spirituality.
- St. Mary’s Prayer Group- Prayer and study of the Bible.
- St. Mary’s Youth Group- Middle school age and above.
- St. Mary’s also serves Stone Harbor by providing the site for:
- Weekly AA Meetings- Tuesdays 8:00 pm- Parish Hall.
- Weekly Alanon Meetings- Fridays 10:00 am- Parish Hall.
Please call the Parish Office at 368-5922.
Wells Memorial Presbyterian Church First Avenue at 9th Street, Avalon, NJ
First Avenue & 9th Street
Services are held only during the summer months
Starting with the 2nd Sunday in May thru the last Sunday in September
Hymn sign at 9:45 am
Service starts at 10:00 am
Services are also held at 8:15am from the first
Sunday in July through the second Sunday in September.
Beth Judah Temple
Rabbi Jacob Malki
Spencer & Pacific Aves.
Wildwood, NJ 08260
609-522-4507 – phone
609-522-4420 – fax
firstname.lastname@example.org – email
We are a conservative, egalitarian congregation. Our congregation is small and friendly. Men and women participate with full equality in all areas of Synagogue life. Children are welcome and encouraged to attend and participate in services.
Come join us for services, which are held every Saturday morning at 9 o’clock AM. We run a Hebrew School where all children from Cape May County are welcome to enjoy our Jewish Heritage.
For more information, please call 609-522-7541