Coastal Flood Warning In Effect February 12-14, 2024
February 12, 2024 – From the National Weather Service
COASTAL FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM THIS MORNING TO 3 AM EST WEDNESDAY
* WHAT…One to two feet of inundation above ground level expected in low-lying areas near shorelines and tidal waterways.
* WHERE…Atlantic, Cape May, Atlantic Coastal Cape May and Coastal Atlantic.
* WHEN…From 8 AM this morning to 3 AM EST Wednesday.
* IMPACTS…At this level, widespread roadway flooding occurs in coastal and bayside communities and along inland tidal waterways. Many roads become impassable. Some damage to vulnerable structures may begin to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Minor coastal flooding will occur around the times of the high tides from Monday through Tuesday night. The greatest impacts are forecast to occur with the Tuesday daytime high tide, when moderate coastal flooding is forecast as a strong coastal storm moves offshore.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Take the necessary actions to protect flood-prone property. If travel is required, do not drive around barricades or through water of unknown depth.
Borough of Stone Harbor 9508 Second Avenue Stone Harbor, New Jersey 08247 (609) 368-5102